Check out our new Deal Lawyers Download podcast, featuring my interview with Faegre Drinker’s Oderah Nwaeze about his recent article on protecting emails from production in books & records litigation. Topics addressed in this 15-minute podcast include:
– Background on Section 220 demands and books & records litigation.
– What “books and records” are stockholders entitled to review?
– How do director emails & texts become subject to production as books & records?
– Is it only email accounts at the corporation that may need to be produced?
– What can be done to avoid having to produce emails & texts in response to a Section 220 demand?
If you have something you’d like to talk about, please feel free to reach out to me via email at email@example.com. I’m wide open when it comes to topics – an interesting new judicial decision, other legal or market developments, best practices, war stories, tips on handling deal issues, interesting side gigs, or anything else you think might be of interest to the members of our community are all fair game.
Enjoy the holiday weekend & thanks for reading. We’ll see you back here on Tuesday of next week.
– John Jenkins