"Transaction Insurance as a M&A Strategic Tool"
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
2:00 - 2:45 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
The use of insurance in M&A transactions is gaining popularity among deal professionals who are finding this tool increasingly useful to bridge the gap on one of the most fundamental deal issues in any M&A transaction: the potential post-closing erosion of value (either of the consideration received by the seller or the business acquired by the buyer). Some of the most popular types of transactional insurance policies available to buyers and sellers are representations and warranties ("R&W") insurance, tax indemnity insurance, and contingent liability insurance, with R&W insurance being the most common. Join:
- Keith Flaum, Partner, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
- Mark Thierfelder, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Craig Schiappo, Managing Director, Marsh's Private Equity and M&A Services Group
Among the topics of this program are:
- Current trends in the strategic use of insurance by buyers and sellers
- Key issues and traps for the unwary as it relates to negotiating the use of insurance policies in the context of merger agreements
- How transactional insurance can be used as a tool to mitigate risk and impact purchase price
As 2012 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge.
If not yet a member, try a
no-risk trial now. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online - or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast.
You need Windows Media or Flash to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast. In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program.