"Dissecting the Modern Poison Pill"
Thursday, September 30, 2010
2:00 - 2:45 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
In the wake of Selectica v. Versata Enterprises, practitioners are re-examining the use of poison pills and how they are constructed. In addition, continued pressure by shareholders has modified pill practice over the years. In this program, you will learn the latest in how pills are being negotiated as well as factors you should consider when devising a pill.
Join these experts:
- Rick Alexander, Partner, Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell
- David Katz, Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Cliff Neimeth, Partner, Greenberg Traurig LLP
This program will cover:
- What are considered the acceptable parameters of pills after Selectica, Yucaipa and Craigslist
- What are the most recent shareholder concerns over pills
- What type of pill protection should a seller try to negotiate to protect itself but yet not trip court concerns
As 2010 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge.
If not yet a member, try a
no-risk trial now. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast. In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program. We don't apply for CLE for any of our audio webcasts.