"The Latest on Fairness Opinions"
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
2:00 - 2:45 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
Course Materials: Recent Cases & Other Considerations
Course Materials: The Role of Investment Banker
With new cases impacting fairness opinion practices, the dynamics—and processes—of preparing fairness opinions have been changing. Join these experts as they explore the latest trends and developments in this area:
- Kevin Miller, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP (moderator)
- Steve Kotran, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Stuart Rogers, Director & Counsel, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC
- Chris Croft, Managing Director, Houlihan Lokey
Among the topics of this program are:
- How should (and do) boards use fairness opinions?
- Recent case law regarding fairness opinions and investment banking conflicts of interest
- Dealing with contingent fee conflicts
- Recent developments regarding SEC Staff comments on fairness opinion disclosure
- What are the latest issues raised by SEC Staff comments regarding fairness opinion disclosure?
- Continuing implications of FINRA rules on fairness opinion disclosure and procedures
As 2010 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to
renew now as all '09 memberships expired at the end of December.
If not yet a member, try a
no-risk trial now. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast. In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program.