"How to Sell a Division: Nuts & Bolts"
Thursday, September 24, 2009
2:00 - 3:00 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
In a down market, companies are restructuring more than ever before. One of the most popular methods to change a company’s focus – and raise much-needed cash - is to sell a division. Learn from leading experts how the deals to sell divisions typically are structured and how to overcome common problems, and more.
Join these experts:
- Bill Jonason, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Doug Leary, Partner, Sutherland LLP
- Marty Nussbaum, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Cal Smith, Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Jennifer Vergilli, Partner, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
This program will cover:
- How are "sale of division" deal tactics changing? What about related to transferring employees? Transferring intellectual property?
- What fundamentals of the division sale process are different when a public company is involved compared to a private company? How do negotiations differ? What issues arise?
- What are the "nuts & bolts" of selling a division?
As 2009 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to
renew or try a
no-risk trial. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast. In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program.