"Implementing the New Cross-Border Rules"
Thursday, January 22, 2009
12:00 - 12:45 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
With the SEC making the biggest batch of changes to its cross-border in years, practitioners are grappling with how these deals will now change. Learn from leading experts how cross-border deal practices are evolving and how they differ from the past.
Join these experts:
- Christina Chalk, Senior Special Counsel, Division of Corporation Finance's Office of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Frank Aquila, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Peter King, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Alan Klein, Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Greg Wolski, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
This program will cover:
- How are cross-border deal tactics changing? What is the evolving role of private equity funds in these deals?
- What fundamentals of the M&A process are different under the new rules? How will negotiations differ? What new regulatory issues arise?
- Under the new rules, is M&A practice converging or diverging? If it is converging, which standards are becoming normative?
As 2009 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to
renew or try a
no-risk trial. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at email@example.com - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast. In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program.