"How to Handle Hedge Fund Activism"
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
2:00 - 2:45 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
The increasingly level of hedge fund activism warrants the same type of preparation as for a hostile takeover bid. Careful planning is critical, as some attacks are designed to facilitate a takeover or force a sale of the target. Learn the art of responding to a hedge fund attack from this team of experts:
- Joele Frank, Founding Partner, Joele Frank Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
- David Katz, Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Christopher Young, Director of M&A Research, RiskMetrics Group
- Veronica Rendon, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
This program will cover:
- What steps can companies take to prepare in advance for a hedge fund attack, including how to prepare the board?
- What type of responses are required – or recommended – with the hedge fund that mounts an attack, including the litigation perspective?
- What do hedge funds look for in a potential target, including both financial and governance characteristics?
- What can companies do now to improve their relations with hedge funds and be proactive?
As 2008 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to
renew or try a
no-risk trial. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately after the program.