"2008: The Year of the Hedge Fund Activist"
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
In a down market, hedge fund activism has ramped up more than ever before. Learn the latest strategies and tactics used by hedge fund activists, as well as latest planning tips employed by those that seek to stave off these attacks. Join these experts:
- David Katz, Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Ron Orol, Author, "Extreme Value Hedging, How Activist Managers Are Taking on the World"
- Damien Park, President & CEO, Hedge Fund Solutions, LLC
- Veronica Rendon, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Professor Randall Thomas, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Christopher Young, Director of M&A Research, RiskMetrics Group
The program will cover:
- What are the latest strategies and tactics used by hedge fund activists?
- What type of responses are required – or recommended – with the hedge fund that mounts an attack, including the litigation perspective?
- What do hedge funds look for in a potential target, including both financial and governance characteristics?
- What can companies do now to improve their relations with hedge funds and be proactive?
As 2008 members of DealLawyers.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to
renew or try a
no-risk trial. The webcast cost for non-members is $595. You can
renew or sign up for this
no-risk trial online – or by fax or mail via this
order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at email@example.com - or call us at 925.685.5111.
How to access the webcast program:
Visit www.deallawyers.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Real Player or Windows Media to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you cant access the live program:
If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), a text transcript of the program will be posted on DealLawyers.com about a week after the live webcast.
In addition, an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately
after the program.